Friday, May 18, 2012

Discussion with Genevieve

My wife, daughter, Genevieve, and I were talking about Bewitched this evening. Genevieve really like the "Crissy" character. We talked about how she plays such a pivotal role in the story and is made even more interesting by the fact that she is mentally handicapped. I originally wanted her to have Down's syndrome because of the innocent quality of these kids. I had one at a school I was teaching at come up to me one day and put her arms around me and just hug me. It was an amazing experience. I think that all these kids offer us hidden things we don't quite get as "regular" intelligence people. They really do have a magical quality that is hard to quantify, but it's there nevertheless.

In any case, I also told Genevieve that there is something more to Crissy that will come out in later books. If you look at Bewitched carefully you'll notice some things about Crissy that go beyond her regular Oracle abilities. That's all I'm going to say at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment